What would happen if, for 30 days, you took time every morning to praise God for who He is, and finished the day by praising God for what He had done? God deserves it; you need it; why not join a movement of people who are starting the new decade with a commitment to a month of praise? For those who join, you'll receive helpful resources to assist you like scripture and a few comments to focus on in the morning, songs based upon the psalms to listen to throughout the month, and podcasted messages to encourage you in your journey. Join today.

READ: You pick

REFLECT: DAY 31 is the most important day in this entire adventure. Your commitment to the 30 Days of Praise is over, so where do you go from here?

It’s been said that it takes thirty days to build a habit. Hopefully this last month has heightened your appreciation of God and just how praiseworthy He is. More than that, we hope it has created in you a craving for a lifetime of praise.

If so, here is a way to keep the 30 Days of Praise experience going. Grab your Bible and choose one of the books from within it to start reading every morning. If you don’t know what to pick, we recommend the Book of Psalms. Try reading a chapter every morning with this question in mind: What is one characteristic about God that I discover from this chapter for which I can praise God today? Perhaps even make a note of it. Let that be the characteristic of God that you carry with you throughout the day. Then, continue to begin every morning by praising God for who He is. And keep ending each day by reflecting on all that God has done, and praise Him. That’s it!

Not only does God deserve your praise; you need it. May God fill your life with joy and contentment as you lift up His name!

Praise God from whom all blessings flow,
Praise Him all creatures here below,
Praise him above ye heavenly hosts,
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
Amen.

KEEP IN TOUCH:
We would love to still keep in contact with you and we have numerous resources available! If you would like to continue to receive email updates from us, we'd love it if you would send us an email to info@greenvalleychurch.com and send us the bold words below that apply to what you would like to receive:

"eCouragement" - A weekly email devotional from Doug Kyle taken from his Sunday messages

"What's Up@ GVC" - Email updates about upcoming events at Green Valley Church

"David's Music" - Email updates and new music from DavidToneyMusic.com


**Additional Resources to Check out**:
Check out other music by David Toney at
http://www.davidtoneymusic.com/

Learn more about Green Valley Church at
http://www.greenvalleychurch.com/

Continue to post comments about your ongoing experience of praising God on this blog.

1 Response to "Praise as a way of life"

  1. gravatar Laura Says:

    For Day 31 I chose Psalm 149, because I knew that my pastor would be preaching on it this morning...and I found such a wonderful truth about who God is and what He has done.

    I found after reading the entire psalm that verse four stood out. It says "For the LORD takes pleasure in His people, He will beautify the afflicted ones with salvation." (NASB)

    In a world where outward beauty is placed at a premium, and as a woman in that culture, I am blessed to know that God makes me beautiful. When I accepted Jesus as my Savior, His blood covered my sin (that which made me afflicted), He clothed me with His salvation, and that makes me beautiful to Him!

    As I meditated on this, the Holy Spirit brought to mind this verse in Isaiah 61:10: "I will rejoice greatly in the LORD, my soul will exult in my God; for He has clothed me with garments of salvation, He has wrapped me in a robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself with a garland, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels."

    In every culture, the day a woman is married is usually the day she wears the most beautiful clothing - I know that on my wedding day I felt beautiful and special! How much more beautiful are the spritual clothes with which God Himself has clothed me - Garments of salvation, righteousness, and praise.
    I praise Him that is my Savior, and that He has made me beautiful.

Leave a Reply

preload preload preload